Arts + Culture:
Matisse and Friends at the Denver Art Museum.
Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century Exhibition at the Denver Art Museum.
The Nutcracker at the Colorado Ballet, Nov. 29th.
Wine + Dine:
With Thanksgiving creeping up quicker than you can say, pass the gravy please…it’s not easy to find the time to bake the perfect pie from scratch. That’s why we’ve compiled a list based off Huff Post Denver + Eater Denver’s recommendations on where to find and pre-order the tastiest, pre-made (and even gluten-free) pies:
1. Helliemae’s Chili Palmer Pecan Pie from Wednesday’s Pie
2. Linzer Torte at City Bakery
3. Sweet Potato Pie from Happy Cakes Bakeshop
4. Peach Pie from Mermaid’s Bakery
5. Root Veggie Pot Pie from The Humble Pie Store
6. Apple Cranberry from The Shoppe
It’s that time of year again! Watch the city light up this Friday, as residents count down to the annual Downtown Denver Grand Ilumination. Grab your friends, family, (and winter coats) and witness not only the city and county buildings, but also Denver Union Station illuminate in brightly colored holiday lights as the cityscape gets a festive seasonal update. Tis’ the season! [Nov. 28th 6:30 PM, Downtown Denver].